Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Murder in the Paperback Parlor by Ellery Adams – A Book Retreat Mystery #2



Murder in the Paperback Parlor by Ellery Adams – A Book Retreat Mystery #2

Finished: 2 March 2016
Rating: 5 stars

“You expect me to break that with my bare hand?”

This is such a fun series. I want to live at Storyton Hall. It is the ultimate retreat for book lovers even before you add in the hidden passageways, the priceless secret library and the quaint village. Jane is still learning what it entails inheriting the position as Guardian of the priceless library. I love the complexity of Jane’s character.  Her survival training, the double lives of her employees and the secrets she must keep from her friends all make you want to know more about this secret society. I enjoyed starting to learn more about the Finns, the Cover Girls (Jane’s Book Club Members & friends) and the Merchants from Storyton Village. There are hints of story arcs for some of the characters, which I’m looking forward to reading in the sequel. All of these subplots are creatively entwined within the main mystery which is the murder of two guests attending the Regency Romance Week event for Valentine’s Day. There's suspense, romance, and adventure, with a little bit of humor sprinkled here & there.  Ellery Adams is one of my favorite authors. I love her characters and storylines with the inclusion of quotes from classic books and poetry. Definitely one of my favorite series!

No comments:

Post a Comment