Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Pecan Pies and Homicides by Ellery Adams – A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery #3



Pecan Pies and Homicides by Ellery Adams – A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery #3

Finished: 9 March 2016
Rating: 5 stars

“Do I have icicles hanging from my beard?” asked a small elderly man as Ella LeFaye ushered him into her pie shop.”

Ellery Adams is one of my favorite authors. I am never disappointed by her books. I like how one reviewer compared the Charmed Pie Shoppe Mysteries to being “a little like Harry Potter for adults.” The characters and the storylines keep evolving and developing in each installment. I love how she infuses an element of historical lore into this present day magical world of Havenwood. We are introduced to a new group of magical characters as they have been displaced after a fire in their town. The new characters, Jenny and Aiden are the perfect addition. Ella Mae really stepped up in this book and is well on her way to becoming the Clover Queen. I'm interested by the scenario that was introduced in the end and I'm eager to see how Ella Mae handles her new place in the coven. I thought she made some very smart choices and I can't wait to see her fulfill her family’s legacy. I can’t wait to read the next book, Lemon Pies and Little White Lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment